Hemi Gen III Aluminum Blocks are 100 pounds lighter than 6.1L production cast iron blocks!
They are designed to accommodate all parts from a 6.1L Hemi Gen III engine.
· Lightweight aluminum gives added performance in more ways than one - better acceleration, braking, vehicle dynamics, weight distribution, you name it. Lighter is better.
· Water jackets have been completely re-designed to accommodate a Siamese bore. Extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) studies have been performed to balance thermal conditions for consistent and reliable performance.
· Crankcase clearance designed for a 4.125" stroke crankshaft. A 4.250" stroke will fit with machining around the oil drain backs.
· The main bearing supports and the bottom end of the block have been completely redesigned for the additional strength required for a forced induction
440+ cubic inch motor.
· 8620 HR billet steel main caps with four-bolt center caps beef-up the bottom end for severe performance applications.
· Capable of supporting a dry sump package for reduced windage and to allow more engine installation options, including lower vehicle center of gravity.
· Camshaft bearing support area increased to permit the use of a 60 mm roller bearing, if desired.
· Lifter bores can be opened to 1.060" for a bushed-style lifter.
· Additional boss in the front timing chain area for an idler (double roller chain). Additional boss for a front gear drive, plus attachments for a front motor plate.
· All HEMI Gen III dress items fit Gen III Aluminum Blocks (front cover, oil pan, oil filter mounting. Front End Accessory Drive (FEAD), etc.)